2022/06/25

The Mundus Imaginalis - Appliedjung

The Mundus Imaginalis - Appliedjung



HOME PAGE
ABOUT THE CENTRE OF APPLIED JUNGIAN STUDIES
The Team
BLOG
MY ACCOUNT
SUBSCRIBE

Home
The Mundus Imaginalis







Jung’s complex psychology makes the Image the basic element of the psyche and gives us the praxis of Active Imagination that can heal us and teach us and then break through to the mundus imaginalis.

(Tom Cheetham, All the world an Icon, p. 209)



WHAT IS THE MUNDUS IMAGINALIS?


Mundus Imaginalis or the Imaginal was a term coined by Henry Corbin, a friend and colleague of Jung. This concept captured for Jung the fundamental key to working with symbols, allowing the psyche to move beyond the limiting constraints and one-sided attitude of the ego. Jung believed that the psyche contained all that is required for wholeness, but the ego is trapped in a rational reductive perspective which cuts us off from the healing power of the imagination. Imagination connects us to our desires, brings together the past, present and future and provides us with the means to build a cohesive story of our lives, to discern the meaning of our lives. Imagination is therefore the agency that enables us to create our world and to keep creating new and endless possibilities. Imagination connects us with movement and change, compels us towards the new.

In the words of Jung:

“The great joy of play, fantasy and the imagination is that for a time we are utterly spontaneous, free to imagine anything. In such a pure state of pure being, no thought is ‘unthinkable.’ ( Jung on Active Imagination p.5)

Throughout his work, Jung came to recognise that the imaginal world, the world of our imagination, fantasies and dreams was an authentic reality, in other words just as real as the world in which we live and that this imaginal world contained a “witches cauldron” of inner knowledge and wisdom.

“Every good idea and all creative work are the offspring of the imagination, and have their source in … fantasy. Not the artist alone, but every creative individual whatsoever owes all that is greatest in his life to fantasy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has every yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable.” (CW 6, par 93)

Here Jung is telling us that whether we are children or adults and whether we are conscious of it or not, imaginative activity goes on within us all the time and that this imaginative activity is part of our inborn psyche, expressed in many ways, through – play, dreams, fantasy, creativity and active imagination.

This course offers a phenomenological and experiential approach, which is a profound and effective way to not only grasp but integrate Jungian theory.



WHAT DOES THE COURSE COURSE EXPLORE?


The focus of this course is to teach the approach and method of Active Imagination in order to form a bridge between the inner and outer world, a threshold between our everyday awareness and our fantasy life, between our conscious ego ad the unconscious.

This course will take you through the journey of experiencing and integrating the symbols from your Active Imagination in order to connect with your inner guide. This process will provide you will insight, energy, passion and most importantly, meaning on your journey towards individuation.



KEY AREAS OF FOCUS



The Power of Imagination:

exploring the imaginal



Accessing the Unconscious:

learning how to access the imaginal



Extracting the Value:

how to extract associations and amplifications



Uncovering the Meaning:

how to analyse and assimilate the active imagination



Manifestation in the Real:

insight brought into reality





HOW DOES THE COURSE WORK?


The Mundus Imaginalis is an online programme, runs over 10 weeks, starting on the 8th of August 2022. The course includes both elements of working through the material on your own, as well as interacting with others on the course on a private and confidential Facebook Forum. There will be one webinar at the beginning of the course which will be recorded and made available to view. All learning material is delivered via email to download onto your PC or tablet and consists of a podcast and PDF reading material. At the beginning of each week you will receive the weeks material, as both a podcast and transcript, focusing on one of the five respective elements we will be covering on the course. Group work and guidance with the applications are facilitated on a private and confidential Facebook Forum. The Facebook Forum is optional, but please note that you will miss out on the shared experience of the community and facilitation.




WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?



This course is for anyone who wants:

* Have a direct experience of the unconscious and active engagement with it.

* Break down the barriers we face in our lives and move beyond our circumstances.

* Connect to the life enhancing emotions of joy and interest which have the power to heal.

* Gradually transform troublesome complexes.

* Enlarge and enrich the personality.

* Constantly progress in our lives.

* Access our inner wisdom.

* Undertake the journey of individuation, moving towards become whole.




REGISTRATIONS AND BOOKINGS


Registration closes midnight 7 August 2022 (PST)

The Mundus Imaginalis start on Monday 8 August 2022



Anima and Animus 2022Please enter your details below if you want to be notified when this course opens for intake.
Name*

Email*
Enter Email Confirm Email




TESTIMONIALS




Thank you both so much for opening my inner and outer eyes, my heart, my soul ever more to the magic of the alchemical process.

Natalie

Many thanks for the symbols course. i was expecting a more theoretical explanation of symbols (that’s my thinking part taking over) but realized immediately that the symbols exercises were much more fruitful, challenging and insightful. i am going to read Jung’s Man and his symbols again, this time with a much more personal slant and will try and be constantly mindful of symbols around me . very enjoyable!

Henriette

I will offer my gratitude here, as well, for this course, Anja and Stephen – the materials, lectures and applications were so well put together, and your responses to questions asked by participants so illuminating. And of course I am grateful for all that shared here, as it was thought provoking process all around. My tool/medicine kit for living fully has been profoundly enriched. I am also particularly appreciative of the materials covered and applications, as they reflect a solid grounding in this approach to well-being and authenticity. They require much energy, and sometimes patience, but were presented in a way that I find very usuable/ accessible. I have added to my resource kit for living fully, and I am quite grateful for those able to share over this course’s forum, as I learned much from that openness. Cheers

Carli

Thank you Anja and Stephen for the depth of your heart. Also For the offerings of these modules and providing a safe venue to share this moment in time with a community of people from around the world.

Noreen

Well – this part of my journey is over and it has been mind blowing. I can fill my tray with symbols and there are so many. They are all around me because that’s how I play. My biggest symbol is THE SONG…. and it was my transcendent symbol. So here is the song I will leave this course with. Thanks Stephen and Anja for your wisdom and guidance and Good luck. It has been an honour. So glad you chose Jung to be a passion for you because it has made me realise what a powerful soul he was. The answer is blowing in the wind, the synchronicities, THE SYMBOLS…..and therin – THE ALCHEMY. XXXXX

Max

Thank you for this course. I feel I have once again awakened to The Transformation. You are to be commended for the depth and divergence brought to bear in such a concise and succinct way. Leaving you with this borrowed symbol.

Durelle

The course has been very good for me. Shoring up existing understating and opening new areas. This infuses my counselling work seamlessly and I move closer to my imaginal vision – A small house in the woods with a wooden sign at the gate; Alchemist. Enquire within.

Steven

I wish I had been more present throughout this course. I was actually reluctant to join initially knowing I would be traveling on these dates. But I am glad I did join and learn what I could. I really needed this course right now to work on myself. I have begun thanks to you two and wonderful others in the group and I plan to continue working on it. This has been an immense learning experience. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to any other courses in the near future. Thank you again for your understanding and support.

Pragya

Some last words. Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you.
How to put into words what this course has meant to me, let me try. I have taken courses and gone on retreats, and even been on amazing trips and they have all changed my life, some more than others. This experience is different. It has quietly pulled together many many loose ends that have been dangling, like an unidentified plant on the walls of my life, Important, beautiful, interesting just not named. Sometimes I didn’t even know they all belonged together. It was done so quietly, gently and calmly you had to pay attention, or you didn’t notice. The results it was just meant to be. Like a puzzle fitting back together. Like putting one foot in front of the other and looking down and finding you have the most striking red shoes on. Each and everyone of you where part of this magic for me. Of course, for creating the space for this to happen I thank Anja and Leonie, Thanks-you for your focus. To lift the veil and give us a peek at the magical world of symbols and all it can mean to us, priceless. This is a beautiful, special thoughtfully, amazing gift. Please know it is appreciated.

Debi

Dear Leonie, Anja, this course has been amazing, deep and satisfying. Thank you 🙏🙏For long I’ve been wanting to study symbols, i did some work but none if it seemed satisfying or enough. This space was gentle and compassionate. The modules just the right size and the exercises so very well thought of and facilitative. Its only a start of this journey for me, i hope to carry it forward. Thank you again. Love and gratitude to all you lovely people

Neha

Thank you !! This class has been amazing! I think I’ve finally cleared another piece of resistant childhood garbage that needed healing, so thankful I signed on. I’ll continue to work with the modules and applications because I know there’s more work to do. I send Love to you and all of you who encouraged me with your posts. Keep me notified, please, of other classes!!

Joyce

Dear Anja, thank you for this offering! I found the content approachable and yet deep, and the applications described well and enticing! My understanding of the healing power of symbols calls for more exploration and more reading from Jung and Taoism…and simply playing in this realm.

Toni

Thanks for a very enlightening and healing course – I feel like I am developing a more creative and playful relationship to my “problems”, “issues”, wounds – no longer connected to them in a pathological way, but as clues and symbols towards envisioning and carrying out a life of meaning and purpose. I believe in the value and importance of seeing and living life in its poetic form.

Justine

Better late than never 🙂 I’m grateful for people who shared their often very private and bitter experiences and very mature reflections during that course. I have learnt a lot from you and grown through that enormously. I’m grateful for the tutors for setting up the course in a way which pushed me into symbols more forcefully than I’d be able to do myself. I made my first steps into active imagination. It is a huge leap, methinks.. I thank everybody who contributed and wish the luck and courage for your next life turns.

Merle

FacebookTwitterEmailShare

Get in Touch!

Latest from the Blog
FOUR ARCHETYPES Mother, Rebirth, Spirit, TricksterJune 14, 2022
Systema munditotius: a Master SymbolJune 7, 2022