2026/08/21

Jesus Died for Our Sins? Sheikh Ahmad Deedat

Jesus Died for Our Sins? 🇺🇸✝️ American Christian Dares Sheikh Ahmad Deedat - Bold Answer Shocks Many - YouTube

Jesus Died for Our Sins? 🇺🇸✝️ American Christian Dares Sheikh Ahmad Deedat - Bold Answer Shocks Many
Muslim Speakers
429,283 views  Premiered Feb 20, 2026  
====
In this powerful debate, an American Christian boldly declares that Jesus died for our sins.

He argues that all humanity is sinful and that original sin is a fundamental Christian truth.

With confidence, he challenges Sheikh Ahmad Deedat to respond to this core belief.

Is salvation only possible through the crucifixion of Jesus Christ?

Sheikh Ahmad Deedat delivers a calm yet firm answer rooted in scripture and logic.

His response questions key assumptions and invites viewers to reflect deeply.

===
Transcript
===
0:000 secondsMy name is John Zech and I work at Quite University at the faculty of arts. I teach English. Um
0:088 secondsI first of all would like to just address the idea that you talked about original sin versus sin actually committed by the person. I myself am a
0:1616 secondssinner. I stand here a sinner before you and before God. I'm a sinner originally and I'm a sinner because I and because
0:2424 secondsof original sin, I have chosen to sin. I have a tendency to do that which is wrong. Now, I'm not sure, but I I believe that the story is fairly much
0:3333 secondsthe same in the Quran and in the in the uh uh Old Testament that of when Ibrahim took his son onto the mountain to
0:4242 secondssacrifice his son to prove to God that his his obedience to God would be complete. And as I took his knife to
0:5151 secondshold it and to sacrifice his son, God provided a sacrifice for provided a substitution for that son so that I
1:011 minute, 1 secondwould not have to kill his son. But then he provided the lamb. Now I can tell you that before I committed my life to Jesus
1:091 minute, 9 secondsChrist that I felt the weight of sin. I felt the weight of those things. I had never killed. I had never I had never stolen from banks. I had never done some
1:181 minute, 18 secondsof these more more uh uh heinous type of crimes and yet I felt the weight of sin.
1:261 minute, 26 secondsAnd I can also say that as I recognized that Jesus Christ died historically for the sins of the world and as I
1:341 minute, 34 secondsrecognized that and submitted myself to him that the weight of sin was taken off. I can also say as of this moment that I know without a shadow of a doubt
1:431 minute, 43 secondsthat if I were to die as I'm talking to you that I would go to stand before God and God would look at me and he'd say
1:511 minute, 51 secondswelcome home my son and because of that I stand here and I and nobody after I die even if I were a prophet nobody
2:002 minutesafter I died would have to say peace be upon him because I know that that without a shadow of a doubt I would stand and I would be totally accepted by
2:082 minutes, 8 secondsGod because of the e because of the atoning sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. And we can talk about semantics.
2:162 minutes, 16 secondsWe can talk about about things. You you surely are a learned man. You're learned both in the Quran and in the Bible, the Injil. And I appreciate that. And I
2:242 minutes, 24 secondsconsider it an honor to be able to talk to you. And be but but I'll tell you what that I've talked to many many many
2:332 minutes, 33 secondsMuslims and I've said if you were to die at this moment what what would happen to you and in the New Testament Jesus says
2:412 minutes, 41 secondsthese things are written it's it's written in the book of first John and he says these things are written that you might know that you have eternal life
2:502 minutes, 50 secondsand this life is in Jesus Christ. Thank you Mr. Chairman and brethren,
2:562 minutes, 56 secondsI'm sure you know you have you have discovered that no question was asked.
3:073 minutes, 7 secondsIt was his point of view about how he sees things, what he believes and he came forth to testify and he testified
3:163 minutes, 16 secondsthough he had spoken you know so many things he's touched about the original sin and then he felt the weight of sin on him and now he accepted Christ and
3:253 minutes, 25 secondsthe weight is gone off and all that all that that means now this is what he has got is the right thing
3:323 minutes, 32 secondsbut he had didn't come forward to contradict a single statement I made I said sin is not inherited
3:413 minutes, 41 secondsand your Bible says the same. The soul that sinnth it shall die. You heard that before a 100 times over and you see that
3:503 minutes, 50 secondsread it in Christian literature. The soul that sinnth it shall die. And we all have sinned and we must die unless somebody pays for your sins.
3:593 minutes, 59 secondsYou know amazing thing that the Christian puts a full stop where there's no full stop.
4:084 minutes, 8 secondsIt's a part of the verse. First phrase, the soul that sinnth, it shall die. It continues, "The son shall not bear the
4:164 minutes, 16 secondsiniquity of the father." Father Adam, he sinned. We are his sons and daughters.
4:224 minutes, 22 secondsYou are not going to pay for the iniquity of your father. Neither shall the father pay the iniquity of the son.
4:274 minutes, 27 secondsHis children, his children today, yesterday in San Francisco, 300,000 sodomites.
4:354 minutes, 35 secondsWe call them konut. They gather in San Francisco in a pilgrimage. Hajj. They're making Hajj in p in San Francisco led by 50 lesbians on motorcycles.
4:454 minutes, 45 secondsGod Almighty will not ask Adam and say, "Look at your children. This rubbish, abominable people. Look at them." No, he
4:524 minutes, 52 secondswill not reproach Adam for that. Neither shall the father be the iniquity of the son.
4:584 minutes, 58 secondsThe righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him. You are a good man. Your goodness, God will reward you. And the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon
5:065 minutes, 6 secondshim. A wicked man he does any wicked thing he will have to pay for it.
5:125 minutes, 12 secondsBut if the wicked the way to salvation in that one verse the whole of theology is given in your book in the book of Ezekiel 18:20.
5:245 minutes, 24 secondsBut if the wicked, the sinner will turn means repent from all the sin that he has committed and from there on do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live. He shall not die.
5:365 minutes, 36 secondsThat is God talking.
5:395 minutes, 39 secondsIf the way to salvation was, he should have said, "But the wicked, if he believes in my son that going to come 2,000 years later, he's going to die on
5:475 minutes, 47 secondsthe cross for me." It would have been something. He says, "No, you repent and do good. God will forgive you your sins.
5:545 minutes, 54 secondsHe is not Shillock. He does not want a pound of flesh from you. He doesn't want blood from you. The example you gave about Abraham.
6:026 minutes, 2 secondsWhat was all the story about? You see, we lost the mark. It's a story. Abraham offering his son. What for? Didn't God know whether he'll pass the test or not?
6:136 minutes, 13 secondsHe said God was testing him. What for?
6:156 minutes, 15 secondsDidn't God know whether he'll fail or he will pass? Of course, he knew. Then why did he do all this? You see in Babylonia
6:246 minutes, 24 secondsin the time of Abraham human sacrifice was prevalent. People were proud. You can be programmed brainwashed like
6:316 minutes, 31 secondszombies to sacrifice your own sons and daughters. They were doing it and they were getting pleasure in it. The human mind you can cultivate anything in the
6:386 minutes, 38 secondsmind your own child. And so I'm giving my what is the sheep or a goat? [music] You know my own child. I brought him up.
6:466 minutes, 46 secondsHe's 16 years old now. Handsome young man or young beautiful maiden. I says I sacrifice her for God. Sickness you can
6:536 minutes, 53 secondsdevelop that sickness. The human mind is capable of doing all that. This was prevalent. God Almighty wants you not to
7:007 minutesdo that. So he enacts a drama for you to learn a lesson.
7:047 minutes, 4 secondsSo he says look sacrifice your son in a dream. He say it's a dream. Again the thing that you love most his only son is his only son.
7:167 minutes, 16 secondsThis is thy only son.
7:197 minutes, 19 secondsThe Christians say it was Isaac. I said, "Look, man, raise your brains." He says, "Your only son at any time, if he had an
7:277 minutes, 27 secondsonly son, it was Ismile. For 13 years, he was the only son and seed of Abraham." Isaac was born 13 years later.
7:347 minutes, 34 secondsAnd Ismael was accepted by God as the son and seed of Abraham. No less than 12 times in the Bible, he's called, "And as for Ishmael, thy son, and as for Ishmael
7:427 minutes, 42 secondsthy seed." God Almighty, if he recognized Ismael as his son and his seed, for 13 years, he was the only son.
7:487 minutes, 48 secondsIsaac could never have been the only son at any time.
7:527 minutes, 52 secondsSo enact a scene, a drama. I said, "Look, do this." And he's about to do. God says, "No, I was only testing you."
8:008 minutesWhat? He is enacting a scene for mankind that I want no sacrifice.
8:068 minutes, 6 secondsNo human, no sinner or saint should die for somebody else, for somebody else.
8:148 minutes, 14 secondsYou commit murder, you die for your sins. not an innocent man.
8:208 minutes, 20 secondsThis is the law of God. [music] He's telling you, he says, look, God is satisfied with a willingness on your part. What he wants is that you are show
8:278 minutes, 27 secondsyour willingness that whatever, oh Lord, you tell me, you say pray five times a day. I said I'll pray five. He said 50 times. I said 50 times. He said one
8:348 minutes, 34 secondswhole month you fast. I said yes. It's a whole year. If it is from my lord, I say fast whole year. Whatever he says, my lord, I'm prepared to submit to you to
8:428 minutes, 42 secondsshow my willingness. I'm making this sacrifice as a remembrance. of that that he's telling you, God is telling you, I
8:498 minutes, 49 secondswant no sacrifice, no flesh and blood of goats and cows are good for you. Why an
8:568 minutes, 56 secondsinnocent human being? So the Quran says they didn't kill him and they didn't crucify him. And this is what the Bible
9:049 minutes, 4 secondssays. This is the shaking part. You see, I said your Bible says the same, sir. I said, you see, you read this book in
9:129 minutes, 12 secondsyour own language, your own mother tongue in English. You are an English man. I take it. You're an English man.
9:189 minutes, 18 secondsBritisher or American? Yeah, you're an American English speaking fellow. Still English. See, you're not speaking German at home.
9:269 minutes, 26 secondsYou speak English. English is your mother tongue. I said you English people, English speaking people, you read this book. You Arabs, you read this book in your own mother tongue. Take the
9:359 minutes, 35 secondsArabic Bible for you. The Udu is speaking for his reason in Udu and the Zulu in Zulu. And the African and Africans, every human being on earth
9:429 minutes, 42 secondstoday, 2,000 different languages, they have the Bible for them in their own mother tongue. And each and every one of these group,
9:509 minutes, 50 secondsthey understand, misunderstand what they're reading. Amazing. It's an amazing thing. You know, we can all I said at the beginning, we can all be
9:599 minutes, 59 secondsprogrammed into anything. We can all behave like zombies with donkeys with blinkers on. All I said all, I'm not pointing a finger at the Christian. all
10:0810 minutes, 8 secondswhether Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Jew, atheist, anybody, everybody can be programmed, brainwashed into anything.
10:1610 minutes, 16 secondsSo I said, now you read this book in your own mother tongue and you understand the exact opposite of what you're reading. Exact opposite. Not just
10:2310 minutes, 23 secondsmisunderstanding, exact opposite. If you are told in the Holy Bible, thou shalt not commit adultery, you understand that thou shalt commit adultery. So act. What
10:3310 minutes, 33 secondsdo you think for zombies? I said, "Look, I prove it to you." You read the gospel of St. Luke chapter 24:36.
10:4310 minutes, 43 secondsIt says, "And Jesus returned to that upper room where they had the last supper." The Christian will understand this better than the Muslim because they know the whole background to what I'm talking after his alleged crucifixion.
10:5210 minutes, 52 secondsHe goes to that upper room where they had the last supper. And he goes in and he says, "Shalamakum in Hebrew." Same asalam alaikum in Arabic. When he said, "Peace be unto you," his disciples were
11:0111 minutes, 1 secondterrified. So I'm asking why were they terrified?
11:0511 minutes, 5 secondsSo Luke tells us that they were afrighted because they thought he was a spirit. They thought that's the reason
11:1411 minutes, 14 secondsthey thought he was a spook, a ghost. So they are terrified. People are terrified of ghost and spooks. We all are. So
11:2111 minutes, 21 secondsJesus wants to assure them that is not what they're thinking. They're thinking he's come back from the dead. He was dead and he's resurrected. He's come
11:2811 minutes, 28 secondsback. So he says says behold my hands and my feet in me
11:3611 minutes, 36 secondsthat it is I myself handle me and see
11:4411 minutes, 44 secondsfor the spirit has no flesh and bones as you see me have and they felt him I'm reading and they believe not for joy means they were overjoyed then it's an
11:5211 minutes, 52 secondsanticlimax they thought the man is dead and buried stinking in his grave but that man is here alive and we feel him.
11:5811 minutes, 58 secondsHe's the same Jesus. So it says, "And they believed not for joy and wondered what happened, man. We thought the man
12:0512 minutes, 5 secondswas dead and buried." So he says, "Have you got here anything to eat?
12:1712 minutes, 17 secondsAnd they gave him a piece of royal fish and a honeycomb. And he took it and he act in the very side to prove what? That is a ghost. He's a spirit. He's a spook.
12:2612 minutes, 26 secondsCome on. Come on. Tell me." No. And the same fellow man, damn fools, what are you afraid of before? That's what he's telling you. What are you? And the whole
12:3412 minutes, 34 secondsChristian world in every language of the world, they say he's a spirit. He said a spirit has no flesh and bones. If I got flesh and bones in your language, you
12:4112 minutes, 41 secondsArabs, I'm asking you the Arabs. I said, look, if I got flesh and bones, I'm not a spirit. I'm not a ghost. I'm not a
12:4912 minutes, 49 secondsspook. Is that what it means in your language? You said yes. to the English man I said if I said because I have
12:5612 minutes, 56 secondsflesh and bones I'm not a spirit I'm not a ghost I'm not a spook is that what it means in your language the English man
13:0313 minutes, 3 secondssays yes the Africana says yes the zuru says yes but now his salvation depends upon that so he hears and he doesn't
13:1113 minutes, 11 secondshear this is what happened he's hearing but he won't accept because that's easy way it's an easy way like swagat was
13:1913 minutes, 19 secondssaying you see so you Muslims get the tape get the tape If you haven't got it, get the tape. It'll be history.
13:2713 minutes, 27 secondsSwagat is history.
13:2913 minutes, 29 secondsHe said, "You Muslims, you don't drink." You know why you don't drink? Because you are afraid. They'll cut your toes.
13:3513 minutes, 35 secondsThey'll cut your nose. Huh? They'll cut your thumb. That's what he said. That's the reason. You know, you're afraid that somebody will cut your nose. They'll cut your toes. Is that the reason?
13:4713 minutes, 47 secondsThat's what he said. But he says we Christians that there is no explanation.
13:5113 minutes, 51 secondsHe has to listen to you. At least you have done your duty. You have delivered the message. Next one.
13:5613 minutes, 56 secondsUm I'm British. I'm a Christian. I have one question. Um firstly, I I'd like to
14:0414 minutes, 4 secondsremind us what it says in the Quran. And it says that Christians and Muslims are closest to one another. This is what it says in the Quran. And I thank God for
14:1314 minutes, 13 secondsthe opportunity to listen. And may we always be able to share together. And when we share, may we share with
14:2214 minutes, 22 secondspatience and with love and peace and not as we did in the crusades fighting each other. May God forgive us for these
14:3114 minutes, 31 secondsatrocities of the past. I'm not a scholar but I have one question I have read a little bit. It seems the main
14:3814 minutes, 38 secondsdifference uh really is on the is the person of uh Jesus Christ who the Quran as you said does speak very highly of.
14:4814 minutes, 48 secondsNow I have one question as I say I'm not a scholar. Um my question is if Jesus is God's word as it says in the Quran
14:5614 minutes, 56 secondsthat's calah and also God's spirit
15:0315 minutes, 3 secondsthen why do we need to separate him from God? If God has no spirit then he would be dead which is quite impossible. And
15:1215 minutes, 12 secondsif he has no word he must be dumb which is also impossible.
15:1815 minutes, 18 secondsSo it's not a problem for us because uh to call Jesus the son of God which I know you would not accept but it's not a
15:2515 minutes, 25 secondsproblem for us to say this because as it says in the Quran that Jesus is God's word
15:3215 minutes, 32 secondsuh he in other words he speaks and he is also God's spirit Allah and I would also
15:4015 minutes, 40 secondslike to say finally then I'll sit down that you can talk as much as you like about Christianity but it is a personal
15:4715 minutes, 47 secondsexperience of the living God. And when Jesus ascended to heaven, he sent the spirit of God down for all people. And
15:5615 minutes, 56 secondsunless you have that spirit inside you, you can talk as much as you like about Christianity, but you will not know God
16:0416 minutes, 4 secondsin the way Christians claim. And that's all I can say. Thank you for listening.
16:1016 minutes, 10 secondsAnd uh as I say, may we go our different ways in peace. Thank you.
16:2016 minutes, 20 secondsUh theologically uh our questioner Christian brother has put so many things
16:2816 minutes, 28 secondsbut in essence if I'm correct that the Quran describes Isaam as the word of God
16:3616 minutes, 36 secondsand as the spirit of God and you can't separate the spirit from God. In other words, he is God. Am I correct in my assumption? That's it.
16:4916 minutes, 49 secondsYou see, we seem to have a little broader understanding this word of God that he is the word.
17:0117 minutes, 1 secondChapter 3 verse 45.
17:0817 minutes, 8 secondsSo behold the angel said, "Oh Mary, Allah gives you glad tidings of a word from him.
17:2017 minutes, 20 secondsHis name will be the Messiah and so on and so on." He is a word from Allah.
17:2717 minutes, 27 secondsWhat is a word? The Christians say the word of God is God.
17:3317 minutes, 33 secondsHis understanding is that the word of God is God.
17:3817 minutes, 38 secondsThe Hindus, my ancestors, they say that the word of God is God.
17:4417 minutes, 44 secondsYou see, as such, he said, "How did God create this universe?" The Bible says in the book of Corinthians, I'm sure you know, you are
17:5317 minutes, 53 secondsnot a scholar, but you know, you are familiar with the Bible. In the book of Corinthians, it is said that by faith we know
18:0118 minutes, 1 secondthat the heavens and the earth we are created by the word of God and that the things visible came through the force invisible.
18:1218 minutes, 12 secondsIn the book of Genesis it says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and he said
18:2118 minutes, 21 secondsthe word is and he said let there be light. Let there be light. Four words.
18:2718 minutes, 27 secondsAnd there was light.
18:3018 minutes, 30 secondsSo everything that God created was by his word.
18:3518 minutes, 35 secondsBy his will is another word for we say by his will because God doesn't use words like I'm using now. You know word
18:4318 minutes, 43 secondsof mouth dependent upon my mouth, my teeth, my tongue, my larynx, my lungs
18:5118 minutes, 51 secondsand your ears. All these things is dependent on all these factors. No, the
18:5918 minutes, 59 secondsword of God is his will. He created everything by his will and as such God Almighty created Jesus. It is not God
19:0719 minutes, 7 secondsbut it is his word. He said sun his word came into being. Moon, stars, heaven,
19:1619 minutes, 16 secondsearth, fish, foul, whatever he uttered actually what he willed they all came into being.
19:2419 minutes, 24 secondsBut now the word of God is not God.
19:2619 minutes, 26 secondsAccording to Islamic understanding, the word of God is his word. But it is not him.
19:3319 minutes, 33 secondsMy Hindu cousins they say the word of God is God. So when he said man, man is also God. Monkey. So we worship the
19:4119 minutes, 41 secondsmonkey. Elephant he worshiped the elephant. Everything is God's word. The cow, God said cow, he made the cow, we worship the cow because everything is God's word.
19:4919 minutes, 49 secondsWe say the word of God is not him. It is his. The difference is in your understanding. You say the word of God
19:5719 minutes, 57 secondsis God. You say no. The word of God is not God. It is his word. But it is not him. As my words are not me. I'm
20:0420 minutes, 4 secondsspeaking to you almost an hour now. And I can speak to you for hours.
20:1120 minutes, 11 secondsBut as I'm speaking to you, I'm not diminishing in size. And the same did.
20:1520 minutes, 15 secondsI'll get tired. I'm an old machine. But I can keep on talking. I can keep on talking thousands of words, millions of words, but you see me the same.
20:2720 minutes, 27 secondsWhy? Because my words are not me. If it was me, I'll start getting less and less. A molecule at 2, 5, 10, getting less.
20:3920 minutes, 39 secondsSo it is in the understanding the Christian agrees that everything that God created was by his word. They are his words, but they are not him.
20:4920 minutes, 49 secondsThey make an exception that in the case of Jesus, it is him. See, they make an exception. He is the spirit. Yes. What did God breathe into Adam?
21:0121 minutes, 1 secondThe Bible says he breathed into him of his spirit. Did his spirit come out and go inside Adam? No. No. That means it is
21:1121 minutes, 11 secondshis his spirit, his creation. The angels are his spirits. They are not him. They are his but they're not him. Now that is our idea concept as given in Islam.
21:2421 minutes, 24 secondsJesus Christ is one of the mightiest messengers of God but he's not God and he's not the begotten son of God. He's
21:3121 minutes, 31 secondsnot the begotten son. See because the Christian in your catechism the Anglican and the Lutheran and the Presbyterian
21:3721 minutes, 37 secondsand the Roman Catholic they say Jesus is the only begotten son. Begotten not
21:4421 minutes, 44 secondsmade. You remember that sir? Begotten not made. So we asking the English man. You see he doesn't want to hear that.
21:5321 minutes, 53 secondsThe American I said he doesn't want to hear that. I'm asking you said begotten not made. I'm asking what are you trying to emphasize?
22:0322 minutes, 3 secondsWhat are you really trying to tell me?
22:0622 minutes, 6 secondsSee this young man here? Please stand up. Abdul Latif stand up. If I call you my son, do you mind it? No. You think
22:1422 minutes, 14 secondsyour mother will mind it? No, you don't mind me calling you my son, right? Sit down.
22:2222 minutes, 22 secondsBut now I'm visiting your house with some friends and I'm calling uh your mom. I said,
22:2922 minutes, 29 seconds"Look, where is Abdul Latif? My son." She says, "He's just gone to the shop.
22:3322 minutes, 33 secondsHe's going to buy some milk and presently you come. You return." So we embrace my son. Oh no, I love you
22:4122 minutes, 41 secondsso much and all that. Sit down. He said, "Sit down. Sit around." Now my companion who doesn't know of a relationship is asking me. He said, "Is he really your
22:5022 minutes, 50 secondsson?" So I said, "No, you see this young man, he loves me like a father, like a
22:5722 minutes, 57 secondsgrandfather, and I love him like my child. I call him my son. It is metaphorical.
23:0323 minutes, 3 secondsBut instead, if I said yes, he is my begotten son," the meaning changes. You know that
23:1323 minutes, 13 secondsYou know I'm swearing him the worst swearing [music] I can give him but in a beautiful language. He is my begotten son. Meaning I have something to do with
23:2023 minutes, 20 secondshis mother. And with Allah I haven't seen her what she looks like. What am I saying? He is my begotten son.
23:2823 minutes, 28 secondsSo he understands the meaning now. He said uncle what did you say? I said no I don't mean that.
23:3423 minutes, 34 secondsI said I don't mean that. But I'm still telling doesn't he look like my Ysef? My Ysef. Doesn't he look like him? What am
23:4323 minutes, 43 secondsI saying? I'm putting salt into the wound that he is an illegitimate child. He's not his father's child. He's mine. He is in common language a bastard.
23:5223 minutes, 52 secondsCan you see? I'm swearing him in the most beautiful language. I said when I'm cornered, I said I don't mean that. Then
24:0124 minutes, 1 secondI said, why do you why you say why do you say that? You say Jesus is the only begotten son. Begotten not made. Ask any
24:0824 minutes, 8 secondsEnglish man, any English- speakaking person who's a Christian, you say, "Begotten, not made." What are you trying to emphasize? What are you really
24:1624 minutes, 16 secondstrying to tell me? That Jesus was begotten, not made. Because in his book, the Bible, God has got sons by the tons.
24:2224 minutes, 22 secondsTons, you know, ton. 2,000 was a ton. I don't know whether you use that anymore.
24:2724 minutes, 27 seconds2,000 ton. You have God has got sons by the ton in this Bible. Book of Genesis chapter 6
24:3424 minutes, 34 secondsverse three it says and the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair and they took them to wipe all that they chose.
24:4324 minutes, 43 secondsNext verse and when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men mean had interpass with them they b and bore
24:5124 minutes, 51 secondschildren to them they became great men of old men of renown. How many sons did he have? In the book of Exodus, God
24:5924 minutes, 59 secondssays, "Israel is my son, even my firstborn." In the book of Jeremiah, he said, "Ephraim is my son, [music] even my firstborn." In the New Testament, we
25:0725 minutes, 7 secondsare told, "As many as are led by the spirit of God are the sons of God. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry, if you follow the will and plan of God, in the language of
25:1625 minutes, 16 secondsthe Jew, [music] you are a godly person, you are a son of God." Like that, God has got sons by the tongues. But you say
25:2425 minutes, 24 secondsno Jesus is not like that. He was begotten not made. So explain ask any
25:3325 minutes, 33 secondsquestion please explain and it is shattering. Allah is shattering. Therefore sad that is a bad fellow.
25:3925 minutes, 39 secondsYou point at accuse him and swear him he doesn't mind. He is he can take it. But I said look please explain. He's
25:4625 minutes, 46 secondsshattering your language. You said begotten not made. What are you really thanking? Tell me. Come on. Come on tell me. I said this is my begotten not made
25:5525 minutes, 55 secondsnot metaphorically but literally what am I saying?
25:5825 minutes, 58 secondsWhat am I saying? Words if they have any meaning what do they mean? Therefore Allah reacts very strongly in the Quran
26:0826 minutes, 8 secondsand they say that the merciful god has begotten a son is one of the most abominable assertion
26:1526 minutes, 15 secondsone can make. The worst swearing you can give Allah is this. Giving him an animal nature, the lower animal functions of sex. The worst swearing you can give
26:2426 minutes, 24 secondsAllah is this. Like the worst swearing I can give this young man is to say he is my begotten son.
26:3126 minutes, 31 secondsAt it the skies are ready to burst and the earth to split aunder and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin.
26:4126 minutes, 41 secondsThey should say that Alman the merciful God has begotten a son. Allah reacts strongly because words if they have any meaning, it means what it says. You're
26:5026 minutes, 50 secondsattributing to God and animal nature, the lower animal functions of sex. Allah reacts. But the unfortunate part [music] is that the Muslims, he doesn't know the Quran. He's sitting on his backside.
27:0227 minutes, 2 secondsAllah is being abused, sworn, but he doesn't go to rectify the brother.
27:0627 minutes, 6 secondsRectify him. You're not saying go and bash his head, kick him out of the country. Well, he's welcome.
27:1427 minutes, 14 secondsLet him come, talk to him, reason with him. He said, "Look, brother, you have misunderstood the whole thing. [music] Son of God is the commonest expression
27:2327 minutes, 23 secondsin the Bible." You know, God has got tons by the sons by the tongs in your Bible. Your Bible says, "And Adam, the
27:2927 minutes, 29 secondsson of God, doesn't it? Ask him, any Christian, how many son has God got?" He said, "One." I said, "Look, brother, you
27:3727 minutes, 37 secondsdon't know your Bible, man. You see, you are ignorant." Wah. He's ignorant. He's got one son. I said he's got them by the tons in your book. Tons.
27:4727 minutes, 47 secondsSo this is what I'm trying to do to educate the people. Look, this is how to talk and reason with people. Arm
27:5327 minutes, 53 secondsyourself. Allah is telling you ask him for his proof for his [music]
28:0128 minutes, 1 secondwhatever he can come. You explain from your book now and you see that there is no explanation. He has to listen to you.
28:0728 minutes, 7 seconds[music] At least you have done your duty. You have to deal with the message.
===

내용 요약

1. 대속 교리 증언과 원죄에 대한 반박

  • 미국인 기독교 강사 존 젝이 발언대에 나와 인간은 원죄로 인해 죄를 지을 수밖에 없는 존재이며, 예수 그리스도가 십자가에서 인류의 죄를 대신해 죽음으로써 죄의 무게에서 벗어나 구원의 확신을 얻게 되었다고 간증함.

  • 디다트는 이에 대해 에스겔 18장 20절("범죄하는 그 영혼은 죽을지라 아들은 아버지의 죄악을 담당하지 아니할 것이요")을 인용하며, 죄는 유전되거나 타인에게 전가되는 것이 아니라고 반박함. 구원은 무고한 자의 피를 요구하는 것이 아니라, 죄인이 죄를 뉘우치고 의로운 행동으로 돌아서는 회개(Repentance)를 통해 이루어진다고 설명함.

2. 아브라함의 희생 번제 사건 재해석

  • 존 젝이 아브라함의 아들 번제 사건을 기독교의 '대속 희생의 모형'으로 제시하자, 디다트는 당시 고대 바빌로니아 일대의 인신공양 풍습을 지적함.

  • 신이 아브라함에게 요구한 것은 실제 인간의 피나 희생 제물이 아니라 신에 대한 완전한 순종과 복종의 의지였으며, 신은 무고한 생명의 희생을 원하지 않는다는 교훈을 보여준 드라마적 사건이라고 재해석함.

  • 아울러 희생의 대상이 된 외아들은 이스마엘이었음을 지적하며, 쿠란의 선언대로 예수 역시 십자가에서 살해되거나 처형되지 않았음을 누가복음 24장(부활 후 살과 뼈를 지니고 음식을 먹으며 유령이 아님을 증명한 예수)을 들어 변증함.

3. '말씀'과 '영'의 개념 논쟁

  • 한 영국인 기독교인이 쿠란에서 예수를 '알라의 말씀(Kalimah)'이자 '영(Ruh)'으로 칭하고 있으므로 예수와 신을 분리할 수 없지 않느냐고 질문함.

  • 디다트는 신이 우주 만물을 창조할 때 "빛이 있으라"는 말씀(창조적 의지)으로 만드셨듯, 예수 역시 신의 '말씀'으로 창조된 피조물일 뿐 신 자체는 아니라고 설명함. 아담에게 신의 영을 불어넣었다고 해서 아담이 신이 될 수 없듯이, 예수에게 깃든 영 역시 신의 창조물이라고 반박함.

4. '독생자(Begotten Son)' 표현 비판

  • 기독교 교리에서 예수를 '낳으신 바 된(Begotten)' 유일한 아들로 규정하는 교조적 표현을 강하게 비판함.

  • 성경 본문에는 이스라엘, 에브라임, 아담, 그리고 신의 영을 따르는 모든 의인을 가리켜 비유적으로 '하나님의 아들(Sons of God)'이라 부르는 용례가 수없이 등장함.

  • 그러나 기독교 교회가 이를 은유가 아닌 물리적·생물학적 의미가 내포된 '독생자(Begotten not made)'로 문자화하는 것은 신에게 하등한 피조물의 생식적 속성을 부여하는 심각한 신성모독이라고 규정하며 쿠란의 경고를 상기시킴.

평론

1. 기독교 구원론의 핵심(원죄와 대속)에 대한 정면 타격

이 토론은 기독교 신학의 가장 중심 기둥인 '원죄론'과 '예수 십자가 대속 교리'를 다룬다. 디다트는 신약 서신서 중심의 교리적 확신에 맞서, 구약 에스겔서 18장을 근거로 개별적 도덕 책임주의를 내세운다. "죄는 유전되지 않으며, 의인은 자신의 의로움으로, 악인은 자신의 회개와 선행으로 구원받는다"는 이슬람의 엄격한 도덕적 일신교 관점을 성경 본문 자체로 뒷받침하여 상대방의 신학적 전제를 논리적으로 해체한다.

2. 성경 내 다의적 개념에 대한 언어학적·맥락적 분해

'하나님의 아들', '하나님의 말씀', '영' 등 기독교가 삼위일체와 신성의 근거로 삼는 성경적 개념들을 유대교적·셈족어적 관용구 관점에서 해체한다. 성경 전반에 걸쳐 신의 영을 따르는 경건한 자들을 '신의 아들들'로 불렀던 다수의 용례(창세기, 출애굽기, 예레미야 등)를 제시하며, 니케아 신경 등 후대 교회가 정립한 '독생자(Begotten)' 개념이 원 텍스트의 상징적 의미를 왜곡했음을 날카롭게 지적한다.

3. 대중 선동적 비유와 감정적 도발의 결합

디다트는 복잡한 신학 논쟁을 청중이 직관적으로 이해할 수 있는 일상적 비유(양아들과 친아들의 호칭 차이, 인간 발화의 한계 등)로 치환하는 탁월한 구술 능력을 발휘한다. 그러나 동시에 샌프란시스코 동성애자 집회에 대한 거친 언사나 '사생아' 같은 자극적인 단어를 여과 없이 끌어들여 상대 교리의 부당성을 극대화하려는 수사적 도발을 사용한다. 이는 대중적 토론에서 청중의 감정을 자극하고 카타르시스를 주는 데는 강력하지만, 상호 존중을 바탕으로 한 학술적 대화의 품격을 떨어뜨린다는 양날의 검을 보여준다.

4. 총평

본 녹취록은 서구 복음주의 기독교인들의 신앙 고백적 질문에 대해 디다트가 자신의 주무기인 성경 지식과 이슬람 일신교(타우히드) 신학을 결합하여 완벽하게 방어하고 역공을 펼치는 전형적인 디다트식 변증의 정수를 보여준다. 신학적 대화의 장을 단숨에 논리적 공방전으로 전환시키는 그의 독보적인 토론 기법과 한계가 생생하게 드러나는 자료이다.

===

아흐메드 디다트, <Jesus Died for Our Sins?> 질의응답 — 요약·평론

이 자료는 아흐메드 디다트(Ahmed Deedat)의 강연 뒤 이어진 약 28분간의 질의응답 transcript이다. 중심 주제는 기독교의 핵심 교리인 <원죄, 예수의 대속적 죽음, 부활, 하나님의 말씀으로서의 예수, 하나님의 아들>이다. 앞서 살펴본 노년 기독교 여성과의 논쟁보다 훨씬 더 신학적인 내용이며, 디다트의 변증 방식이 가장 선명하게 드러나는 자료 가운데 하나다. 자동 전사에는 오류가 많지만 전체 논지는 분명하다.

1. 첫 번째 기독교인의 증언: “나는 죄인이며 예수가 나를 위해 죽었다”

첫 질문자는 미국인 기독교인 John Zech라고 자신을 소개한다. 그는 먼저 논리적 질문을 던지기보다 자신의 신앙체험을 증언한다.

그에 따르면 인간은 단순히 개별적으로 죄를 짓는 존재가 아니라 아담의 원죄로부터 죄의 성향을 물려받았다. 자신도 살인이나 강도 같은 극악한 범죄를 저지른 적은 없지만 깊은 죄책감을 느꼈으며, 예수가 세상의 죄를 대신하여 죽었다는 사실을 받아들이고 그에게 자신을 맡긴 뒤 그 죄의 무게에서 해방되었다고 말한다.

더 나아가 지금 죽더라도 하나님 앞에서 받아들여질 것을 확신한다고 고백한다. 이것은 전형적인 복음주의 개신교의 구원 이해다.

<나는 죄인이다 → 스스로 구원할 수 없다 → 그리스도가 나를 대신하여 죽었다 → 그 희생을 믿음으로 받아들이면 용서와 영생을 얻는다.>

그는 아브라함이 아들을 희생하려 했을 때 하나님이 대신 희생할 양을 마련한 이야기도 예수의 대속을 예표하는 사건으로 읽는다.

흥미로운 것은 디다트가 곧바로 지적하듯 질문자가 실제 질문보다는 <신앙 간증>을 했다는 점이다. 두 사람의 종교적 언어가 처음부터 다르다. 기독교인은 “내가 경험한 구원”을 말하고, 디다트는 “당신의 교리가 당신의 성경과 논리적으로 일치하는가”를 묻는다.


2. 디다트의 첫 반격: 에스겔 18장과 개인책임

디다트가 가장 먼저 공격하는 것은 <원죄>다.

그는 에스겔 18장 20절의

<“범죄하는 그 영혼은 죽을지라. 아들은 아버지의 죄악을 담당하지 아니할 것이요…”>

라는 구절을 제시한다.

그의 논리는 매우 간단하다.

아담이 죄를 지었다고 해서 그 자녀인 모든 인류가 그 죄를 물려받는다면, “아들은 아버지의 죄를 담당하지 않는다”는 에스겔의 가르침과 충돌한다는 것이다.

더구나 에스겔 18장은 악인이 악에서 돌이켜 올바르게 살면 죽지 않고 살 것이라고 말한다. 그러므로 디다트는 성경 자체가 가르치는 구원론은

<죄 → 회개 → 선한 삶 → 하나님의 용서>

이지

<죄 → 무죄한 다른 사람이 대신 죽음 → 용서>

이 아니라고 주장한다.

이것은 디다트식 변증에서 상당히 강력한 부분이다. 그는 꾸란을 들이대기 전에 상대방의 성경 안에서 문제를 제기한다.

그러나 신학적으로는 문제가 남는다. 전통적 기독교의 원죄론이 반드시 “아담이 지은 개별적인 죄의 형벌을 모든 후손이 그대로 떠안는다”는 단순한 주장만은 아니기 때문이다. 가톨릭·정교회·개신교 사이에도 원죄 이해가 다르며, 현대 신학에서는 인간이 태어나면서 들어가는 <죄로 오염된 인간조건>으로 설명하기도 한다.

따라서 에스겔 18장은 단순한 세습 형벌론에는 강한 반론이 되지만, 기독교 원죄론 전체를 한 구절로 무너뜨린다고 보기는 어렵다.


3. 더 근본적인 문제: “하나님은 왜 죄 없는 사람의 피를 요구하는가?”

디다트는 여기서 대속론 자체를 공격한다.

그에게 정의란 매우 개인적인 것이다.

<죄를 지은 사람이 책임져야 한다.>

살인을 했다면 살인자가 책임져야지 죄 없는 다른 사람이 죽어서 살인자의 죄를 없애는 것이 어떻게 정의로운가?

이것은 사실 이슬람과 기독교 구원론의 중요한 차이를 정확하게 건드린다.

이슬람에서 인간은 아담의 죄를 유전적으로 짊어지지 않는다. 자신이 지은 죄에 책임을 지며, 진심으로 회개하면 자비로운 하나님이 용서한다.

그렇다면 디다트에게 기독교 대속론은 오히려 이상하게 보인다.

<전능하고 자비로운 하나님이 왜 용서하기 위해 피를 요구해야 하는가?>

라는 것이다.

그는 하나님을 셰익스피어의 샤일록처럼 “한 파운드의 살”을 요구하는 존재로 만들어서는 안 된다고까지 말한다.

이는 매우 중요한 종교철학적 질문이다. 실제로 기독교 내부에서도 “형벌 대속론”은 속죄에 대한 여러 해석 가운데 하나일 뿐이다. 초기 기독교에는 Christus Victor, 치유, 화해, 참여 등의 다양한 속죄론이 있었다.

따라서 디다트가 비판하는 것은 <기독교 전체>라기보다 특히 복음주의적 형벌대속론의 한 형태라고 보는 편이 정확하다.


4. 아브라함의 희생 — 대속의 예표인가, 희생제사의 폐지인가

첫 질문자는 아브라함이 아들을 바치려다가 하나님이 대신 희생동물을 마련했다는 이야기를 예수의 희생과 연결한다.

그러나 디다트는 정반대로 해석한다.

그에 따르면 그 이야기가 말하려는 것은

<“하나님은 인간희생을 원하지 않는다.”>

는 것이다.

고대사회에는 인간희생이 존재했으며, 하나님은 아브라함을 통해 인간을 죽이는 것이 신앙이 아니라는 교훈을 인류에게 보여주었다는 것이다. 그러므로 오히려 이 이야기를 이용해

<“수천 년 뒤 하나님이 자기 아들을 인간의 죄 때문에 죽였다.”>

고 주장하는 것은 본래 메시지를 거꾸로 읽는 일이라고 한다.

해석사적으로 보면 이것은 디다트 자신의 구성이지 본문에서 명시된 역사적 설명은 아니다. 하지만 상당히 흥미로운 신학적 재해석이다.

아브라함 이야기가

<대속적 희생을 예고하는 사건인가>

아니면

<인간희생을 거부하는 사건인가>

라는 두 독법이 정면으로 충돌하기 때문이다.


5. 가장 논쟁적인 주장 — “예수는 십자가에서 죽지 않았다”

자료의 중반에서 디다트는 누가복음 24장을 이용한다.

부활 후 예수가 제자들에게 나타나자 제자들은 그가 영이라고 생각하여 두려워한다. 예수는 손과 발을 보여주며 자신을 만져보라고 한다.

<“영은 살과 뼈가 없으되 너희 보는 바와 같이 나는 있느니라.”>

그리고 음식을 먹는다.

디다트의 결론은 대담하다.

<살과 뼈가 있고 음식을 먹는다면 그는 영이 아니다 → 따라서 죽었다가 영적으로 부활한 사람이 아니라 살아 있는 육체적 인간이다 → 결국 십자가에서 실제로 죽지 않았다는 증거다.>

이것은 디다트의 대표적인 <swoon hypothesis>, 즉 예수가 십자가에서 죽지 않고 살아남았다는 주장과 연결된다.

그러나 여기서는 그의 논증이 상당히 약하다.

왜냐하면 누가복음 저자의 의도는 거의 정확히 그 반대이기 때문이다. 제자들이 예수가 실제로 부활했다는 것을 믿지 못하므로, 복음서 저자는 <부활한 예수는 단순한 유령이 아니라 실제 몸을 가진 존재>라고 강조한다.

즉 디다트는

<육체를 가진 부활>

이라는 기독교 개념을

<육체가 있으므로 죽지 않았다>

로 바꾼다.

텍스트 일부의 문자적 논리를 잡아내는 데는 능하지만, 그 텍스트를 쓴 저자가 무엇을 말하려 하는지는 충분히 고려하지 않는 전형적인 사례다.


6. 두 번째 기독교인: “예수가 하나님의 말씀과 영이라면 어떻게 하나님과 분리할 수 있는가?”

두 번째 질문자는 영국인 기독교인이다. 이 사람의 태도는 앞의 질문자보다 훨씬 온건하다.

그는 꾸란이 기독교인과 무슬림의 친근함을 말한다고 언급하면서 서로 사랑과 평화 가운데 대화하기를 바란다고 한다. 그리고 핵심적인 신학 질문을 던진다.

꾸란 자체가 예수를

<하나님으로부터 온 말씀(word from God)>

<하나님으로부터 온 영(spirit from Him)>

으로 부른다면, 어떻게 그 말씀과 영을 하나님에게서 완전히 분리할 수 있느냐는 것이다.

이 질문은 첫 질문보다 신학적으로 훨씬 정교하다.


7. 디다트의 답변: “하나님의 말씀은 하나님 자신이 아니라 하나님의 의지다”

디다트는 꾸란 3장 45절을 들어 예수가 <하나님에게서 온 말씀>인 것은 인정한다.

그러나 “말씀”을 곧 하나님 자신이라고 해석해서는 안 된다고 한다.

창세기에서 하나님이

<“빛이 있으라.”>

라고 말씀하자 빛이 생겼다. 그렇다고 빛이 하나님인 것은 아니다.

따라서 하나님의 말씀은 하나님의 <창조적 의지>이며 예수가 “말씀”이라는 것은 하나님이 예수를 자신의 명령으로 특별하게 창조했다는 뜻이라는 것이다.

마찬가지로 “하나님의 영”이라는 표현도 하나님 자신의 일부가 예수 안에 들어갔다는 의미가 아니라 하나님에게 속한 창조된 영이라는 식으로 이해한다.

이것은 꾸란적 일신론의 기본적인 사고를 대중적으로 상당히 잘 설명한다.

그러나 기독교인이 말하는 <Logos> 개념에 대한 반박으로는 부족하다. 요한복음의 로고스 신학은 단순히 “하나님이 어떤 말을 해서 예수가 만들어졌다”는 것이 아니기 때문이다.


8. “begotten, not made”에 대한 디다트의 오독

후반부에서 디다트의 논증은 가장 약해진다.

그는 니케아 신조의

<“begotten, not made”>

를 문제 삼는다.

영어의 “beget”에는 실제로 생물학적으로 자식을 낳는다는 의미가 있으므로, 예수를 “God's begotten Son”이라고 부른다면 결국 하나님에게 인간과 같은 성적 생식능력을 귀속시키는 것 아니냐고 주장한다. 그리고 꾸란이 하나님에게 아들이 있다고 말하는 것을 강하게 거부하는 이유도 바로 여기에 있다고 설명한다.

대중적 논쟁에서는 충격적인 효과가 있다.

그러나 기독교 신학에 대한 해석으로는 상당히 부정확하다.

니케아 신조가 <begotten, not made>라고 한 것은 오히려 정확히 <육체적 생식>을 뜻하지 않는다. 그 표현은 성자가 피조물이 아니라 성부와 같은 신적 본성을 가진다는 형이상학적 관계를 표현하려는 고대 신학 언어다.

따라서 디다트는 여기서 기독교인이 의미하지 않는 것을 기독교인이 의미한다고 전제하여 공격한다.

이것은 그의 변증론에서 반복되는 가장 큰 문제다.


9. 이 자료가 보여주는 디다트의 진정한 강점

그럼에도 디다트를 단순한 궤변가로 치부하는 것은 공정하지 않다.

그는 실제로 몇 가지 근본적인 질문을 던진다.

<왜 아담의 죄 때문에 내가 죄인이 되어야 하는가?>

<전능한 하나님은 왜 희생제물이 있어야만 용서할 수 있는가?>

<무죄한 사람이 죄인을 대신하여 처벌받는 것이 정의인가?>

<성경 안의 개인책임 사상과 대속론은 어떻게 조화되는가?>

이 질문들은 기독교인이 진지하게 답해야 할 질문들이다.

또 자료 마지막에서 그는 기독교인을 폭력적으로 몰아내라는 것이 아니라

<“오게 하라. 이야기하라. 이성적으로 논의하라.”>

고 말한다. 그의 목표가 물리적 강압이 아니라 논쟁적 설득이라는 것도 분명하다.


10. 그러나 이 영상에서는 그의 약점도 더 심하게 드러난다

첫째, 상대방의 신학을 <상대가 이해하는 방식>으로 충분히 이해하지 않는다.

원죄를 단순한 “아담의 범죄를 후손에게 전가하는 것”으로, 부활을 “육체인가 영인가”라는 이분법으로, 성육신을 “하나님의 말이 물질이 되었다”는 식으로, “begotten”을 생물학적 출산으로 바꾼다.

둘째, 그의 수사는 때때로 불필요하게 모욕적이다. 이 transcript 중간에는 동성애자들을 매우 비하하는 표현도 등장한다. 이런 언어는 논증과 아무 관계가 없으며 오늘날에는 명백히 부적절하다. 그의 시대와 종교적 보수성을 고려하더라도 비판적으로 보아야 한다.

셋째, 그는 <이슬람의 전제를 가지고 기독교를 평가하면서도 자신은 중립적 논리를 사용한다고 생각하는 경향>이 있다.

기독교인이 꾸란을 삼위일체적으로 읽으면 디다트는 “이슬람을 오해한다”고 말한다. 그것은 옳다.

그렇다면 디다트 역시 기독교인이 “하나님의 아들”, “말씀”, “부활”을 무슨 뜻으로 사용하는지를 먼저 이해해야 한다.

이 대칭성이 그의 논쟁에서는 자주 사라진다.


종합평론

이 자료는 앞서 본 『The Choice』보다도 디다트의 종교관을 더 생생하게 보여준다.

그에게 종교적 진리는 무엇보다 <논리적 모순이 없어야 하는 것>이다. 개인이 자기 죄에 책임을 지고, 자비로운 하나님에게 직접 회개하며, 하나님은 인간이나 피조물과 어떤 방식으로도 본질을 공유하지 않는다는 이슬람적 일신론이 그의 모든 논증의 출발점이다.

그래서 디다트에게 기독교의 가장 이해하기 어려운 세 교리—

<원죄, 대속, 성육신>

—는 모두 하나의 문제를 공유한다.

<한 사람의 죄가 다른 사람에게 옮겨가고, 한 사람의 죽음이 다른 사람을 구하며, 하나님의 본성이 인간에게 들어간다는 것>

이다.

그에게 이것들은 불필요하게 복잡하다.

이슬람의 대안은 훨씬 단순하다.

<각자는 자신의 행위에 책임진다 → 죄인은 회개한다 → 하나님은 직접 용서한다 → 예수는 위대한 메시아와 예언자이지만 하나님은 아니다.>

이 단순성 때문에 디다트의 변증은 매우 강력하게 들린다.

그러나 바로 이 지점에서 <무함마드 아사드와의 차이>도 더 선명해진다.

아사드라면 “기독교 교리가 얼마나 비논리적인가?”를 증명하는 데 이렇게 오랜 시간을 쓰지 않았을 것이다. 그는 오히려 꾸란이 말하는 <죄, 책임, 회개, 하나님의 자비>가 인간 존재에 대해 무엇을 의미하는지를 해석하려 했을 것이다.

디다트는 상대방의 체계를 무너뜨린 뒤 이슬람을 보여준다.

아사드는 이슬람 자체의 의미를 깊이 보여줌으로써 독자가 판단하게 한다.

따라서 이 영상을 보고 나면 디다트가 왜 수백만 무슬림에게 매력적이었는지는 충분히 이해된다. 그는 기독교의 가장 강력한 주장인 <“예수께서 당신의 죄를 위해 죽으셨다”> 앞에서 방어적으로 물러서지 않고 오히려

<“왜 하나님에게 그런 죽음이 필요했는가?”>

라고 되묻는다.

이 질문은 매우 강력하다.

하지만 <강력한 질문을 던지는 능력>과 <상대 종교를 정확하게 이해하는 능력>은 같은 것이 아니다.

이 자료는 바로 그 두 가지 사이의 차이를 보여준다. 그것이 아흐메드 디다트의 위대한 재능이면서 동시에 그의 변증론이 가진 가장 큰 한계라고 평가할 수 있다.

===