2026/08/31
EDL Stewart Berger
EDL Stewart Berger
Following on what Lloyd wrote recently on comparing notes about internal experience and new psychic territory, along with all the replies from our friends, I thought I'd share a few more aspects of my experience, and there are two main ones. One is finding that it's really a matter of the heart, of clarity and openness that way, rather than of the mind. And being willing to relax mentally (or trust life more), I find a lot of the human nature world old and boring, and as a result, I'm posting opinions on social media much less--even catching myself and refraining from that if the urge comes up, though it's great if others keep posting. What is interesting and invigorating to me is the newness in life constantly pressing to be fleshed out in living, to meet the moment, to rise and expand one's vibrational field. And I can test this in myself, checking the states of various spirits relative to attunement. To have a clear field, or clarity within any field. Martin once said or wrote, "Let there be a place of stillness in the midst of turmoil," and "Let there be a place of order in the chaos."
Speaking of Martin, while I don't usually read old services, I did happen to read a few of his recently that helped my current view. They had to do with the topic of resistance, and I suppose I thought of that because I see areas of stuckness in the human nature world. In one part, Martin advised to "Resist not resistance," an interesting play on words to say there's really no need to fight the stuck parts of the world or in certain people--the creative process will work it out, though we can have some direct personal effect if we so choose. He also pointed out that resistance is useful in some ways, as in creating things with form. Here are two different paragraphs.
"Where there are considerable factors of resistance there is what appears to be violence and destructiveness. This relates to the aspect of the creative cycle, engendered by the Word, which is of a disintegrative nature. Where the factors of resistance are lessening there begins to be a transformation in the consciousness of those concerned which brings a new level of observation, a new outlook in the consciousness where those factors of resistance are lessening. We may ourselves already be in position to see much that is transpiring around us in the world that gives evidence of the lessening of the factors of resistance, just as we can see many evidences where the factors of resistance are increasing, in other words where the destructiveness and the violence are increasing. This happens because of the Word as it relates to these strong factors of resistance; in other words what is happening is happening by reason of the Word."
"I am talking about this primarily of course from what may be referred to as the vibrational realm, because this is the field of our action. What occurs at that level will be reflected at lower levels or levels of other kinds of resistance. Our concern is to be right in attitude, in action, in behavior, behavior in which there is no resistance to the Word. We awaken to the fact that resistance, wherever it occurs, is resistance to the Word and so we are quite willing for resistance to dissolve. We are quite willing to yield because there is an increase of our experience of love, love for the Word, and where there is an increasing intensity of love there is no problem about yielding. It is the natural thing to occur. So resistance is dissolved in an exponential way as we allow these things to take place in our own experience."
(From "The Dissolution of Resistance" and "Resistance Dissolved," 1978, copyright Emissaries of Divine Light)