2023/07/30

Road to Liberation: Dependent Origination: Ron Wijewantha: 9789552402371: Amazon.com: Books

Road to Liberation: Dependent Origination: Ron Wijewantha: 9789552402371: Amazon.com: Books


Road to Liberation: Dependent Origination Paperback – Import, January 12, 2006
by Ron Wijewantha (Author)
3.6 3.6 out of 5 stars 2 ratings

Part 1 of a 3-Wheel series discussing the doctrine of Dependent Origination (Paṭiccasamuppāda) and its underlying message. Part 2 is entitled Achieving Transcendence. Part 3 is entitled Attaining Nibbana.


Top review from the United States


History and Science Craig

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Overview of Dependent OriginationReviewed in the United States on August 31, 2016
Verified Purchase
I bought this book after being introduced to Dependent Origination (DO) in John Haspel's excellent book "The Truth of Happiness." John has a chapter on DO and I had a reasonable idea of what DO was before I read this book, but I was hoping an entire book would provide additional insight into DO. However, I was disappointed; the book was fine, but I got no more depth out of this entire book then I got out of John's chapter (and, to be fair, subsequent discussions with John).

If you know nothing about DO, this is probably a fine introduction. If you are already familiar with DO, I would pass on this book.