2022/05/11

British Fiona Gardner: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

Amazon.com.au: Fiona Gardner: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle



+ Follow Follow to get new release updates and improved recommendations
About Fiona Gardner


I trained and worked as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and before that as a social worker and am now a spiritual director and a writer. I was a previous chair of the Thomas Merton Society of Great Britain and Ireland and was co-editor of The Merton Journal. I received a Louie award from the International Thomas Merton Society in 2015.

My main interest is in exploring the overlap, the differences and the connections between spirituality and psychotherapy and I try to do this now through writing.

'Taking Heart' 'published January 2021 explores the idea of spiritual journeying, self-acceptance and the search for meaning.

I also worked for six years as safeguarding advisor for the diocese of Bath and Wells, Church of England. 'Sex, Power, Control, Responding to abuse in the institutional church' published by The Lutterworth press February 2021 is based on analysing how and why the church has responded so poorly to allegations of clergy abuse.

My website is: http://fionagardner.co.uk

(NB The book of lectures to Australian friends - 'Seeking Union with the Spirit' is by another Australian Fiona Gardner - we seem to have very similar interests! For some reason I cannot remove it from this page ...)
-----