2023/01/29

Graeme J

 Support Group for

Graeme Johnson’s concern,

 

Greetings All,  (Bcc to Facilitator Jenny Spinks)

 

Our next Group Support meeting is for Tuesday January 31st at 7.00pm Melbourne Summer Time. Please check your related time. 

 

We are now up to page 303 in my Book Concern, and I thought you might be interested in stating a page number and I can tell you what is on it.  Not edited of course as that will take place in about August for the September retreat at Seven Hills in SA. 

 

In response to a couple of questions by members of our Group Support: 

This is all new for me too, and I am having a Zoom in early February to meet with my Facilitator, Jenny Sphinx, to see what more there is in the whole process of my Concern and your Group Support.

I have been a Unity School minister since my ordination in 1977, and have served in New Zealand twice and Melbourne once in between.  I now have an online Unity ministry with over 13,000 studying with me every day and once a week, so that is why I am busy, but I love it. 

My interest in The Society of Friends (Quakers) began about ten years back when Marita and I attended their Toorak Centre a couple of times.  I have read up on Quakers and they appear to support my thinking “But be ye doers of the Word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” (James 1:22) In a couple of books I read where Quakers worked with people in Africa to help them become self sufficient, digging wells and creating Permaculture gardens in the desert.  This was all overtaken by various churches who sent money to the people so they stopped doing the things themselves and became dependent.  This really concerned me and drew me to Quakers. 

My view on Jesus is that he was a man who expressed himself with authenticity, He had considerable Charisma, and many thought that he was God.  I can accept that as long as I accept that you, and I are also God in expression to the degree of our understanding.  There is nothing else to express.  To follow Jesus ben Joseph, as that was his name, is to endeavor to live by the example he set.  I believe heaven or hell are situations that we may experience her, now, and can change our position if we want to.  There is no devil, but it can appear that there is when we are tempted do negative things, and then realize that we have gone astray.

On spirituality:  “We are all spiritual beings living in a spiritual universe governed by spiritual law.” It is not relative to what we believe as we are all spirit, born of our parents and they their parents etc, and passed on to our children and they to theirs etc.  If we have no children, or brothers and sisters our cousins pass the spirit on to their offspring. 

In the Silence, the deeper we go the more we are aware that we are Holly Spirit/Wholly Spirit, and as we become aware of our Real Spirit Self, we are guided to express in authenticity. As we approach the deepest levels of consciousness, we all can experience the same thought or motivation, because there is really only one mind in the universe, God/Good Mind, and in the Silence we can reach that level of Ones]ness. Unity defines God, in one definition as: Absolute Good everywhere present at all times.”  I sometimes use the example, ‘even chicken pooh is worth $5.00 a bag for our gardens’. There is a place just near where we live that advertise is continually.   

 

 

Here is the link for our Zoom on January 31st at 7.00pm Melbourne Summer Time.

 

Graeme Johnson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic: Graeme Johnson's Zoom Meeting

Time: Jan 31, 2023 07:00 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73417432398?pwd=a2pCjfxAVTiAbItXrd5T8cKvrCaRE8.1

 

Meeting ID: 734 1743 2398

Passcode: 9B9xu4